|The Professional Standards Bureau (PSB) provides the Sheriff’s Office with a thorough, consistent and fair investigative review of complaints and commendations.
The PSB is located within the Sheriff’s Office and reports directly to the sheriff.
The PSB has full authority to conduct investigations without interference from any employee.
PSB exists to provide the following services to employees of the Sheriff’s Office and the community
- To protect the public from misconduct of an employee.
- To protect the department and employees from false accusations of misconduct.
- To provide an early warning system of misconduct.
- To identify organizational conditions that may contribute to misconduct.
- To acknowledge employees for conduct above and beyond the call of duty.